RV Mail Forwarding Services: How To Get Your Mail While Traveling
We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
Introduction to RV Mail and Forwarding Services
Do you love the open road? Do you enjoy traveling with your RV, but hate the hassle of constantly having to find a new post office and mailing address for every stop along the way? How do you get RV mail?
There is a solution! An RV mail forwarding service will allow you to receive all of your mail at one central location. Here are some things to consider before signing up.
What is an RV Mail Forwarding Service
An RV mail forwarding service is a mailbox address that allows you to receive mail and packages while on the road. Your service provider will receive, bundle and redirect your mail to your RV destination. It, most importantly, gives you a physical address to list if you are a full-time RVer.
Depending on the service provider that you choose, you can receive extra benefits such as mail scanning and shredding.
Why Do You Need A RV Mail Forwarding Service?
When you become a full-time RVer, you still need to maintain your personal and business life. Mail is an important part of this because it contains many documents that are necessary for daily living such as bills, bank statements, or even charitable donations.
Without the help of a mail forwarding service, when traveling from one remote destination to another, you are not able to receive your mail.
The Best Mail Forwarding Services Available
This RV mail forwarding service offers a physical address and phone number for you to list on your personal or business contact information. You can also receive mail scanning and shredding services with the Good Sam plan.
Mail Service Pricing
Standard pricing begins at $28 per month.
What you Get:
- Physical Address in the State of Florida
- Phone app
- Control over your own shipping schedule
- Email summaries of mail received
- Alerts for important mail (including but not limited to: certified mail, summons)
- Outgoing shipment notifications.
- Check deposits
Escapees is an RV membership plan that has mail forwarding services available to its members. The mail program with Escapees has many benefits, is highly rated with BBB, and meets all of your mail needs as a full-time traveler.
Mail Service Pricing
Basic mail forwarding service with Escapees starts at $95 per year plus $100 in deposit and enrollment fees.
What you Get:
- Physical Domicile Address in Florida, South Dakota, or Texas
- Mail review by phone
- Control over mail forwarding schedule
- Mail scanning is available with upgraded plans
- Customized mail sorting is available with upgraded plans
iPostal is one of the best mail forwarding services for RVs. They have reasonable monthly rates and are highly rated with BBB. Sign up today to get started!
Pricing for Mail Servies
Basic mail forwarding services with iPostal1 begin at $10 per month and go up to $40 per month. The main difference between the packages is the amount of mail that is handled by the servicer per month.
What You Get
- Physical Address
- Digital Mailbox
- Shipping to unlimited addresses with DHL, FedEx, and UPS
- Mail Storage
- Phone App
- Email Alerts for items received
Traveling mailbox is another popular mail forwarding service for RVers and travelers alike. They offer the same services as iPostal, but have higher monthly rates.
Pricing for Mail Servies
The basic mail forwarding service with Traveling Mailbox is $15 per month and goes up to $55 per month based on how much mail you need to be handled, sorted, and forwarded each month.
What You Get
- Online mailbox to access and sort your own mail
- Mail scanning services
- The option to have your mail pieces read to you
- Phone App
- The traveling mailbox company will send checks to be deposited at your bank
My RV Mail is a forwarding service with several packages to choose from. There is a big difference between the basic package and the premium. The premium offers mail scanning, phone number, check deposits, and faxing services.
The company also offers a “sidekick” package for an extra $45 annually that will include roadside assistance. This is perfect if you’re taking your rig off-road or to remote areas where help may be needed.
Pricing For Mailing Services
The basic package starts at $28 per month. Prices can go as high as $40 per month for the largest service package. Passport America members are offered a 25% discount on rates.
What You Get
- A physical address in the state of Florida
- Mail shredding and recycling services
- Phone app for mail scanning
- Live support to go through mail one on one
- Email summaries and alerts
- Premium packages include faxing, voicemail, check depositing and more.
America’s mailbox services also have three basic packages available for purchase. This company also offers several services for short-term travel.
The website is quite thorough in that it offers loads of information on vehicle registration, domain, insurance, campgrounds, and more. Resources are accessible for free (no membership needed).
Pricing For Mail Services
The smallest plan offered by this company is $150 per year. The plans increase in services and price. The largest plan is available for $229 per year.
All plans require a service fee of $25 upon joining.
What You Get
- Use of physical address for vehicle registration and more.
- Mail handling and forwarding services
- Package receipt and forwarding (*available on upgraded plans)
- Online account
- Shipping schedule control
- Email notifications
- * For additional fees, this company will handle vehicle registration for you
- Customer support with live agents
- Junk mail sorting
FAQ About Mail Forwarding Services
Read this section to find out the most common questions and queries that people ask about RV mail forwarding and services.
How Do I Receive My Mail/ Packages?
Most, if not all, of the companies that provide mail forwarding, will receive and sort your mail (including packages). Depending on the services provided and the plan that you sign up for/ pay for, the receiver will forward your mail to a destination of your choice.
This means that if you are staying at a certain campground for a couple of weeks and then moving on after, you will notify (in person, by app, or online) the company of the date and destination that you want your mail forwarded to.
Pricing varies greatly for the number of mail pieces and parcels that will be forwarded to you. Some of the companies will ship internationally.
Some will only forward your mail within the United States. These details will be important in factoring in the best company and rate plan for your needs.
How Do I Know If My Mail Will Arrive at My Next Travel Destination?
The majority of companies will have a tracking system in place. Some, not all, offer some sort of reimbursement fee for lost or missing packages.
With upgraded plans, you will have the option of choosing the mail carrier for package delivery as well as the shipping time.
Can I Get My Mail Scanned?
The answer to this question is strictly based on the service provider that you choose and the specific plan that you sign up for. Most forwarding companies offer scanning services for a fee.
Where Will My Address Be?
This question is very important and can make a difference in your choice of company. Services offer several options for physical addresses in specific states. Where your address will be will depend greatly on the company you hire.
What Other Services Are Included?
The biggest perk for having a mail forwarding service provider is the physical address. This allows RVers to register to vote and manage their vehicle tags.
Some of the companies for hire offer huge service advantages to their members in the form of taking care of vehicle registration and more. The fees for these services will depend on the company and plan that you choose.
How To Decide Which Company to Hire for Mail Forwarding
- Type of mailbox: What types of forwarding does the company do? Do they offer extra services that will suit your personal needs? How much mail do you plan on receiving each month? Answering these questions will be the first step in deciding which plan is right for you.
- Location of Address: As stated previously, the location of your physical address provided by the service is a huge perk for someone who travels frequently or full-time. Your state domicile of choice will impact your registration fees, voting, tax-paying, and more. These are definitely all things to consider when making the proper choice.
- Services included: You will want to consider what services you need from a mail forwarding company and look for a package that fits your individual travel needs.
- Cost of service: The costs for services range greatly. You will want to consider your bottom line and what you can afford when considering your service options.
- Look at Reviews: Reviews of each company are available online and through BBB. It is always wise to check out what other people have to say before committing to a service plan.
How Do You Sign Up For RV Mail Forwarding Services?
Signing up for a mail forwarding service is quite simple. The company will give you all of the forms that you need to fill out and sign in order to become a member.
Some companies require a power of attorney if they will be handling any types of registrations or paperwork on your behalf. You will fill out basic information and a USPS for 1583.
Once you have filled out all paperwork and the company of choice processes your paperwork, you are officially signed up.
USPS form 1583
What is a USPS form 1583 and why is it needed? This form is a specific form that allows commercial mail services to receive, open, scan, and sort your mail from the United States Postal Service.
This form has to be notarized in order to proceed with your mail service provider. This shows USPS that you agree to let a handling company have complete access to your mail at your request.
Other RV Mail Options
Friends and Family:
Using an address of a family member or friend is always a free option for those who choose to forego a mail forwarding service. This is a free option. If you have someone that you trust, this is a great option for you.
Using USPS general delivery service is a free option as well. Mail will be delivered to a post office of your choice and held for you to pick up in person.
Post Office or UPS box:
A paid option with an address is to use a USPS post office box or a box at UPS. The biggest downfall to this type of service is that you cannot use a PO box to register vehicles or for other important matters including voter registration.
UPS does offer a valid street address upon signing up and will also forward your mail to a different location.
Both of these options come with an annual fee that rivals some of the full-service packages mentioned before.
What is Domicile and Why is it Important?
Domicile is the place that you intend to return as a permanent residence.
Why do you need this as a full-time RVer?
- Taxes: The state in which you establish a domicile is where you will be responsible for taxation (filing and paying).
- Registration: Registering your vehicles will be a requirement in the state of domicile. Registration fees and requirements vary greatly per state. You will want to do your research prior to choosing a domicile.
- Driver’s License: Establishing a domicile is not the same as establishing residency. In order to be a resident of a state, you must have a driver’s license or state ID. Requirements for residency are different for each state as well. This is something to learn about.
- Voting: You will be able to register to vote in the state where you establish domicile. You will be able to participate in local and national elections using this address.
Conclusion To Receiving RV Mail on The Road
RV Mail Forwarding Services make it easy for you to stay in touch with friends and family while on the road. They will forward your mail anywhere from a few days to three weeks, depending on how far away they are from where you’re residing at the time.
You can also have them ship items that need overnight delivery so they arrive before or after you do. The benefits of using one of these companies include convenience, savings, and peace of mind.
Tell us your experiences with Mail Forwarding. We would love to hear from you!
- RV Driving: Best Driving And Backing Tips For New RV Owners
- RV Rugs: Guide To The Best Indoor/ Outdoor RV Rugs
- Best Eco-Friendly Camping Gear: Sustainable RV and Camping Brands
- Best Pie Iron Recipes: Awesome Pudgie Pie Recipes For Your Next Camping Trip
- How To Secure Items Inside an RV For Travel Day: Preparing for a Long Trip
Hello! My name is Cortney. I am 45 years old. I live full time in a 33 foot airstream trailer with my husband of 21 years. I run my own business out of my tin can and love living small. I have two grown kids and three pets. I have worn many hats including mental health counselor and truck driver. My husband is prepping for retiring from the Navy in the next five years. He has been serving for over 22 years faithfully.