Ultimate Camping Chair Review: 16 Chairs on Amazon
We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
There are a plethora of choices that exist when it comes to purchasing camp chairs nowadays. You can purchase a chair with all of the bells and whistles or a simple item to perch your hiney on. Whatever you are looking for, Amazon has the perfect camp chair for you. Welcome to the ultimate camping chair review.
After you spend a wonderful day out venturing in the great outdoors, there is nothing that you deserve more than a comfy and safe place to rest your body. A great camping chair is a must purchase for every camper. This is true whether you are an RV’er, tent camper, or you are hiding out in a rustic cabin for the week.
The outside is where you want to be at the end of the day. Picture yourself sitting by the fire and roasting a marshmallow with your friends and family. This is very difficult to picture if you have nothing to sit on.
This is where the ultimate camping chair review comes in. After reading, you will have a much better understanding of the types of camp chairs that are available, what you will need for your specific purposes, and the price range of available chairs.
Considerations When Purchasing a Camp Chair: The Ultimate Camping Chair Review
You must pay attention to durability when looking for a great camping chair. Look at the materials that make up the chair. Will it withstand outdoor elements? If you plan on using your new purchase for multiple camping trips, it is wise to invest in a camping chair that will last. Don’t purchase the $10 flimsy chair from the convenience store.
The base of your camping chair can be made from many different materials including (but not limited to) wood, plastic, or aluminum. This materials used will affect the durability and weight of the camp chair as well as how small it will fold for storage.
The seat can be made from wood, metal, or vinyl. The better quality chairs will withstand weather changes, rust, rips and outdoor damage. These are important factors to consider when deciding on your purchase.
The weight of the chair may be a factor for you when you are camping depending on what you plan to use it for. Do you plan on taking the camp chair with you to the beach or on a hike? If so, a lightweight chair would be a great choice.
If you are driving with a heavy load to your campsite, the overall weight of your packed items will be of great consideration. Each item adds up. A lower weighted camping chair may be of great importance to you.
Broken Camping Chair
Does your camp chair have storage packet on the back? Does it have a cupholder? Many camping chairs that are available for purchase come with very nice added extras. These include, but are not limited to, foot rests, padded coolers, speakers, and more. If extra features are important to you, you will want to make sure to look for chairs with the necessary extras.
Just as the weight may be an important consideration when it comes to usability and travel, portability may be a factor when choosing the right camp chair. How small does the chair fold when not in use? Does it come with a storage bag?
Just as important as portability is ease of set up. If the chair disassembles into a small pack but, is difficult to put together and take apart, it may be a discouraging factor when deciding on your purchase. It is important to read the reviews on each possible camping chair purchase. Amazon is a great place to read customer reviews for possible purchase.
One thing that most people find important when looking to buy anything is the price of the item. How much will the camp chair cost? With all of the possible options and types of chairs that exist, there is a large range of prices that exist as well.
Be sure not to substitute quality for a lessor price.
Comfort is king, or so the saying goes. It is Difficult to determine comfort level of a camp chair without being able to try it first. This is one of the reasons that Amazon reviews should be perused. Make sure to pay attention and read what others have said about the camping chair that you are interested in purchasing.
You may find that you cannot be comfortable without certain armrests, or the right amount of cushioning. Height of the chair may be an important factor in your comfort. In brief, take all of the aforementioned qualities into consideration when reviewing the different types of chairs that are available for purchase.
Best Camp Chairs For Purchase on Amazon: Review of Camping Chairs
Here is a list of some of the best camp chairs that Amazon has available for purchase.
- Trekology Yizi Go is a compact folding camp chair that is lightweight, durable and is additionally to set up. This chair weighs in at only 2 pounds. It has fantastic reviews and sells for $39.99.
- Cliq Portable Camping Chair is a bit more pricey. It is built with airplane grade aluminum for durability and longeviety. It has a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs and folds down to the size of a water bottle. This awesome chair weighs in a just under 4 lbs. It assembles fast, has great reviews and comes in at $89.99.
Zero Gravity Camping Chair
- The Amazon Basics Outdoor Zero Gravity Lounge Folding Chair is a fantastic deal for just $64.49. It has received 4.5 stars out of 5 in the reviews. This chair has a bungee support system and a maximum capacity of 200 lbs. It is built with a steel frame and is weather resistant.
2. Phi Villa Zero Gravity Adjustable Lounge chair has added comfort padding, more adjustment settings, and a nice table with cupholder. This chair is both weather resistant and rust proof. Also, it boasts a weight capacity of 300 lbs and can be purchased for a reasonable price of $119.99.
Rocking Camp Chairs
- Timber Ridge Catalpa Relax and Rock Camp Chair is a bargain price of $44.99, is rated 4 out 5 stars, and has a max weight capacity of 250 lbs. It folds down nicely and comes with a carrying bag.
2. GCI Outdoor Firepit Rocker is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars, has a cup holder for your beverages, and is built with a powder coated steel frame. It is weather resistant, holds up to 250 lbs, and has arm rests for those who appreciate that feature. This chair can be purchased for $64.99.
Swing Camping Chairs
- Yu Xin Reclining Camp Chair is built with aluminum alloy. It has a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs and disassembles to a manageable and portable size/ weight. This chair was created using durable vinyl materials. It reclines and swings. This chair comes in at the price of $135.99.
2. Nemo Stargaze Camp Chair is the top of the line and best camp rocker available. It has great reviews of 4.5 out of 5 stars. It has a weight capacity of 300 lbs. This chair reclines and rocks. In addition to it’s cool features, The Stargazer is built with quality materials and is a total of 7 lbs when transporting. The Nemo Stargaze is available for purchase at $219.95.
Beach Camp Chairs
- Pacific Pass Low Profile Beach Chair comes with carry bag and has fantastic reviews. This chair has a reasonable price of $29.99. This chair has a cupholder for your beverages and folds down for carrying purposes. The total carrying weight is 6.5 lbs and it has a holding weight capacity of 250 lbs.
2. KingCamp Low Sling Beach Chair has a 4.5 star rating out of 5. This chair has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs and folds down to a carrying weight of 6.5 lbs. It has a cupholder and padded armrests for comfort. This chair is available for purchase for $49.99.
Classic Camping Chair
- Quick Chair Folding Portable Camp Chair is available for purchased for the bargain price of $23.70. This chair has a very simple design with 225 lb weight capacity. It is simple to assemble and disassemble. It comes with a carry bag and has a cupholder in the armrest. This chair has very good ratings of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
2. Alpha Camp Oversized Camping Chair is a bit more luxurious in that it has extra padding for comfort, cup holder and lumbar support. Even though this chair has a 450 lb weight capacity, it is still a lightweight chair that weighs only 13.2 lbs. The Alpha chair is built with durable materials and has fantastic reviews. This chair is available for purchase for $65.99.
Double Seater Camp Chairs
- Trademark Innovations Loveseat Camp Chair has a simple design and a reasonable price of $41.56. This chair has great reviews of 4.5 stars out of 5. It is made of polyester material and was built with a steel frame. It’s carry weight is just over 9 lbs and has a maximum weight capacity of 485 lbs.
2. Timber Ridge Cedar 2 Person Loveseat Camp Chair is a luxurious two seater camp chair. It has side tables with cupholders, padded armrests and is made with durable materials. This chair folds easily, has great ratings and has a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs. This chair can be purchased for $104.22.
Stool Camp Chairs
- Travel Chair Slacker Chair is a simple and basic camp stool that can be purchased for $17.99. It weighs only 2.2 pounds and supports up to 275 pounds. This stool is built with ripstop fabric and has a reinforced frame. It has great reviews and it simple to transport.
2. GCI Outdoor Pack Seat Tripod Stool can be purchased for $21.37. This stool has fantastic reviews, is easy to transport, and is built with an aluminum frame. This chair weighs a super low weight of 1.3 lbs and can hold up to 250 lbs.
In Summary, camping chairs are a must have item when planning any type of outdoor trip or vacation for you and your family. Now that you are aware of all of the different types of chairs and what to consider when shopping, you are prepared to make your decision. You know what to look for and you have read the reviews of the top 16 camping chairs available on Amazon. Get out and enjoy the outdoors with the proper provisions. We will see you out there!
If you are looking for food to cook around the fire while you enjoy your new camp chairs check out this article!!
- What is Boondocking: A Complete Guide To Drydocking For RVers
- RV Mattresses: Everything You Need to Know to Upgrade Your RV Mattress Today
- Buying An RV: The Only How-To Guide You’ll Ever Need
- The Ultimate RV Checklist: Essential Tips For Set-Up, Departure, Arrival, and More
- Rv Travel With Pets: Tips and Products That Will Make RV Life Easier
Hello! My name is Cortney. I am 45 years old. I live full time in a 33 foot airstream trailer with my husband of 21 years. I run my own business out of my tin can and love living small. I have two grown kids and three pets. I have worn many hats including mental health counselor and truck driver. My husband is prepping for retiring from the Navy in the next five years. He has been serving for over 22 years faithfully.